Climate change is acknowledged to be one of the greatest threats that face the human race. However, transitioning to a low-carbon economy is a serious challenge for businesses. Carbon management lies at the heart of tackling climate change and is becoming increasingly import in assessing your business’s financial performance and reputation in the marketplace.
EMC provides a wide range of carbon management support to help organisations meet their emissions targets and comply with regulations and legislation such as the Energy Efficiency Scheme, mandatory carbon reporting, Energy Saving Opportunity Scheme (ESOS). Our support may include techniques to enhance energy efficiency and reduce emissions, or a targeted carbon abatement strategy. We also help businesses evaluate and source energy from on-site renewable or low-carbon energy technologies, and to trade carbon credits.
Carbon management is one of the biggest environmental challenges companies face today. With the implementation of the carbon tax and the impending emissions trading scheme, EMC understands that companies are constantly looking at ways to reduce and offset carbon emissions.
Our consultants can work with your business to implement a successful and effective carbon management solution that will:
- Deliver savings that support both your environmental and financial goals
- Enhance credibility with regulators and stakeholders
- Protect and strengthen your brand and reputation
- Ensure that you comply with current legislation
- Differentiate your business from your competitors
- Help you to attract new business and strengthen existing relationships.
Our integrated, multidisciplinary solutions help organisations transform climate change risks into benefits that enhance brand reputation and lower energy expenditure.
EMC’s carbon management consultants offer the following services to promote carbon management:
- Carbon accounting and footprinting
- Tailored carbon strategies relating to potential opportunities and liabilities under current and proposed legislation
- Generation of detailed recommendations for greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reduction
- Ongoing monitoring of GHG and other emissions
- Preparation and delivery of the necessary GHG and energy reports to satisfy voluntary and mandatory GHG emissions commitments
- Review and meet voluntary and obligatory GHG emissions abatement targets
- Provide independent advisory services on carbon trading and carbon offsets
- Carbon footprinting
- Energy audits
- Targeted abatement strategies
- Training and workshop facilitation to implement behavioural change
- Assistance in joining the Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme
- Evidence pack preparation