Environmental landscapes are frequently changed by projects worldwide. Are your projects likely to change the environmental landscape? How would this change occur and what are the socio-economic consequences?
Undertaking an environmental impact assessment (EIA) can aid you in understanding your site’s environmental assets, help you to anticipate and avoid potential problems, and, ultimately, provide evidence that you are creating a sustainable development.
At EMC, we have over 12 years of experience in conducting all components of EIAs throughout the East Africa. As technical experts, we are equipped to provide early advice on whether an EIA is likely to be required, optimize the EIA process, enhance planning outcomes and deliver business advantage throughout the development process life cycle.
Our services aid a range of sectors, including energy providers, developers, transport infrastructure and the commercial.
- Ecological assessment, survey, mitigation and habitat enhancement
- Environmental consents and planning applications
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIAs)
- Environmental site supervision
- Marine (biological, geological, geophysical and geotechnical) services
- Noise and vibration surveys and assessments
- Waste management
- Pre- and post-application consultations
- Screening and scoping studies
- Routing of linear projects
- Site selection and constraints appraisals
- Strategic environmental assessments
- Socio-economic appraisals
- Aerial surveys and mapping
- Air quality and climate assessment modelling
- Archaeology and cultural heritage assessments
- Traffic and transport planning
- Contaminated land assessment
- Pollution monitoring
- Geographic information systems
- Flood risk, hydrology and hydrogeology
- Landscape and visual impact assessments
- Landscape design and management
- Landscape master planning