Baseline Survey Report Assessment and Determination of the Project Status, Kisumu Water and Sanitation Company (KIWASCO)
Name of Client:
Water Sector Trust Fund/World Bank
September 2016 – June 2018
Actual Description of Services:
Kisumu Water and Sewerage Company (KIWASCO) was established in the year 2003 with a mandate to provide quality water and sewerage services to Kisumu and its environment.
The proposed Project Areas under KIWASCO are not adequately served, also tertiary and secondary water network distribution managed by KIWASCO within the target area is not well developed.
Currently there are the newly laid DN 300 transmission mains in Kogony and Kanyakwar up to the Kanyametha tank and the DN 250 extending parallel to the Kisumu-Busia road up to Korando B ward. The scope of works includes the laying of water pipes 13,245m long in pipelines in the target Upper Zone A with a project subsidy target connection of 1,500.
Services Provided by the Firm Staff.
- Establish the subproject baseline for the WSP (KIWASCO) whom expressed interest for financing under the OBA, against which the outputs linked to subsidy disbursement, will be measured and verified as claimed by the WSP.
- Confirm that the subsidy eligibility criteria have been met,
- Verify subproject costs,
- Report the findings to the WSTF and make a recommendation for payment of subsidy to qualifying WSPs.
- To undertake a baseline survey of each WSP to determine the technical, financial, environmental and social soundness and viability of the proposed sub project
- To verify the target areas under Maji Data and if not in Maji Data, to check whether they exhibit characteristics of a low income area either as an urban poor or rural area.
- Document the output targets to be achieved by the subproject investment against which subsidy funds will be disbursed and ensure the project works do not exist and are not in place
- Check that the proposed areas meet the pro-poor targeting method under the project and proposed investment cost and subsidy are within the cap
- Assess the reasonability of the projected investment costs
- Carry out a socio-economic survey to help assess the project impacts at a later stage
How Can We Help You?
Get in touch with us on how we can help your organization meet its needs in environmental consultation.
Shelter Afrique Centre,
Upperhill, Nairobi, Kenya
+254 020 440 6162