Baseline Survey Report Assessment and Determination of the Project Status, Naivasha Water and Sanitation Company (NAIVAWASS)
Name of Client:
European Union | Kenya Forest Research Institute (KEFRI)
Mt. Elgon & Cherangany Forests – Kenya
February 2017 – March 2017
Actual Description of Services:
Develop land tenure profiles and maps depicting different tenure in Mt.Elgon and Cherangany Hills Ecosystems and undertake a study on demographic and economic profile of ‘Hotspots’ and vulnerable areas on public and community lands.
i) Compile Data, Maps and Qualitative information on human settlement and Land Tenure from counties and sub-county offices; including offices of Kenya Forest Service and the Ministry of Land.
ii) Enter and Manage data into GIS and remote sensing software systems.
iii) Focus Group Discussions.
iv) Validate Profiles and Maps with key informants in the 2 ecosystems.
v) Lead a one-day validation workshop with the project team.
What the team undertook:
- Created and Facilitated Inception Meetings.
- Compiled data on land tenure and human settlements from counties and sub-county offices of the Kenya Forest Service and the Ministry of Lands.
- Entered and Managed data into GIS and remote sensing software systems
- Engaged directly to stakeholders through focused group discussions
- Developed maps with key informants in the two ecosystems
- Facilitated workshops
- Developed a final report on Land Tenure and Land Use.
How Can We Help You?
Get in touch with us on how we can help your organization meet its needs in environmental consultation.
Shelter Afrique Centre,
Upperhill, Nairobi, Kenya
+254 020 440 6162
Terms and Conditions